Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Triathlon Training 2010: Week 8

DAY SCHEDULED ACTUAL COMMENTS
Monday OFF OFF Hey, look I did what the schedule said to do.
Tuesday Swim: 500 yards
Run: 30 min
Run: 32 min
(2.5 miles,
12.8 min/mile)
Swim: 500 yards
(15 min,
3 min/100 yards)
Running is hard lol. I’m finding the beginning of any exercise is the most difficult until I find a rhythm or settle into it a little then it gets less difficult.
Wednesday Bike: 15 miles Bike: 10 miles
(49 min,
4.9 min/mile)
I had a limited amount of time to bike so I made the best of it and did pretty well!
Thursday Swim: 600 yards
Walk: 45 min
OFF I was doing well following the schedule until today, oops.
Friday OFF Swim: 600 yards
(18 min,
3 min/100 yards)
At one point, early in training, I remembered thinking I’d NEVER be able to swim this distance. But, I’ve done it and in a respectable amount of time!
Saturday Run: 50 min OFF Got busy doing “more important” things to prepare for an upcoming trip so didn’t get any exercise in today.
Sunday Bike: 20 miles
Walk: 30 min
Swim: 600 yards
(18 min,
3 min/100 yards)
Didn’t intend to do anything this day because I would be travelling. But, my sister-in-law was in town and wanted to swim so I managed to get some exercise in which was great!

Overall Thoughts:

  • It’s less than 2 weeks until the triathlon that we intend to try. But, we have not signed up because we only have one bike and Kendall has been working hard without success yet trying to find us road bikes.

Here is the Google spreadsheet I made to track my progress.

2 comments:

  1. Where do you go to swim? We have a community pool, but I've decided that swimming with a 10 month old in a floaty would not be a wise decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We swim in our neighborhood pool. It's a lap pool that has one lane on the end roped off for that purpose so it works out perfect. At least we're getting some worth out of our homeowners association fee we pay every month!

    ReplyDelete