Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dead Computer

Dear Blog Readers (if there are any??), I will continue posting photos again someday soon, I hope. Before heading out of town last week, my computer met an untimely death. My computer is fairly old and for quite some time has needed random parts exchanged to keep it running. This time, it refused to except new parts and was eventually diagnosed as a dead motherboard. So, I am getting a new computer! It should arrive by the weekend then I'll be able to stop using whatever random computer I can find to do what I want to do online. There is a lesson to be learnt from this, back up your photos (or files in general)!!! I have had my photos from the last several years sitting in one folder on my desktop for a couple of months now. I just hadn't taken the time to back them up and then my computer died! Of course, I was alarmed and thought they might possibly be gone forever!! This would not have been the first time since we lost all of our honeymoon pictures this way. =( But, thankfully, my photos are alive and well, just waiting for a computer for them to be placed in so I can access them again. Whew!)

1 comment:

  1. WE READ!!!, but Linux is our religion, so it is hard for us to see you over on the dark side with all that Microsoft stuff!

    ReplyDelete